GAF Inside Sales Representative I in Parsippany, New Jersey
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Inside Sales Representative will partner with the sales organization to drive and increase sales revenue from new and existing accounts. They will drive new business through proactive outreach and work cross functionally with internal teams in facilitation of various sales and marketing programs to achieve increased profitability and customer satisfaction.
Primary responsibilities will include:
● Supporting marketing and sales programs
● Researching, identifying and prospecting of potential new accounts, contacts and/or opportunities to increase sales revenue
● Growing and nurturing of existing accounts or contacts to obtain new or increased sales business
● Conducting outgoing calls to secure appointments and/or follow up on existing projects and qualify opportunities
● Entering and maintaining data in CRM to achieve informational transparency across the sales organization
● Assisting field sales personnel and customers through document preparation and informational fulfillment
● Working cross functionally to support the needs of our customers, resolve problems and make doing business with us easier and more positive
● Partnering with sales colleagues to enhance team performance and support achievement of sales plan objectives
● Performing additional duties as required
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES: (applicable to Professional level only)
● Building Customer loyalty & relationships
● Decision Making
● Professionalism, Knowledge Skills, Planning & Organizing
● Familiarity with GAF Products and Marketing Programs
● Familiarity with GAF Installation requirements and specifications
● Understanding of GAF approach to selling and it’s various customer bases
● Familiarity with various computer programs including but not limited to CRM, PeolpleSoft, File Bridge, Dodge, CCD etc.
● Familiarity with Google suite of products
● Familiarity with Microsoft suite of products
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS :
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
● Work effectively with all members of the sales organization.
● Excellent time management skills, disciplined, great follow up skills.
● Ability to multi-task and prioritize, strong attention to detail.
● Excellent telephone sales personality.
● Prominent organization and presentation skills. Understanding of organizational and departmental responsibilities and ability to navigate cross functionally effectively.
● Highly energetic and self-motivated.
● Good decision making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills.
● Should be assertive, organized, and systematic.
● An Associate’s degree
● Two years of related work experience
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – Protect what matters most.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all candidates and employees in this position. Proof of vaccination is required. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, GAF will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable state and federal law.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
With 130+ years in the industry, GAF is the leading roofing manufacturer in North America. As a member of the Standard Industries family of companies, we are also part of the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
Our communities help give our work meaning and the products we manufacture help protect what matters most. The shingles help to shelter the families living in the homes in our towns. The TPO helps protect what is under that hospital’s roof. In addition to quality products, we make sure they are installed by quality craftsmen and women. The full GAF portfolio of solutions is supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors.
GAF continues to be the leader in quality and offers comprehensive warranty protection on its products and systems. Our success is driven by a commitment to empowering our people to deliver advanced quality and purposeful innovation and the desire to protect what matters most.