GAF Senior Systems Engineer in Parsippany, New Jersey
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for implementation, operation, deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting of our cloud and on prem based applications. The Sr. Systems Engineer, is responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting of live production systems in the event of outage, performance, or functionality issues. This position promotes sharing information with others in changing skill sets and thought processes. The Sr. Systems Engineer works as part of the Infrastructure and Operations Team and is primarily responsible for supporting environments from initial deployment and throughout the life of the project or application.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining environments.
● Provides technical support and direction to other teams and team members.
● Interfaces with internal IT, to provide technical assistance for the implementation of various technologies within Headquarters.
● Develops a working relationship with outside vendors and technical organizations that can provide insights and information concerning technological trends.
● Requires full knowledge of functional area and actively contributes to the overall success of the IT department.
● Provide feedback and insight on designing and scaling of SaaS and cloud-based environments and tools.
● Create and maintain documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Infrastructure and Operations team
● Create knowledge base articles that can be used by the organization in response to routine or complex incidents.
● Provide diagnostic support for existing product releases.
● Able to participate in multiple cross platform projects and cross functional teams to ensure the projects are successful.
● Provide technical direction on specific projects and look for opportunities to improve operational efficiency or processes
● Master or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, 5 years of IT experience, or Associate’s Degree from a Technical Institution
● 8+ years of IT and business/industry work experience
● 2+ years of skills in public clouds (ideally Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform) Technical knowledge/skills:
● Systems operations
● Server Hardware and Storage Hardware
● Advanced knowledge of Virtualization and storage technologies
● Server Software
● Good knowledge and execution of IT Standards, Policies and Procedures
● Good knowledge of Information Security Awareness
● Good knowledge of Project Implementation Methodology such as agile and waterfall.
● Good knowledge of Systems, Applications, & Technologies
● Excellent analytical and communication skills
● Ability to interface with internal customers at all levels of the organization
● Good ability to Multitask
● Good skills in Prioritizing
● Good Analysis & Problem Solving Skills
● Good Adaptability
● Regular supervision and oversight required
● Adherence to performance review and goal setting process
● Proactively working with manager to identify training needs to expand and improve skills
● Provide on-the-job training/support to new/other team members
● Proactively seeks guidance from other team members when needed.
● Developing ability to apply feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – Protect what matters most.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all candidates and employees in this position. Proof of vaccination is required. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, GAF will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable state and federal law.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
With 130+ years in the industry, GAF is the leading roofing manufacturer in North America. As a member of the Standard Industries family of companies, we are also part of the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
Our communities help give our work meaning and the products we manufacture help protect what matters most. The shingles help to shelter the families living in the homes in our towns. The TPO helps protect what is under that hospital’s roof. In addition to quality products, we make sure they are installed by quality craftsmen and women. The full GAF portfolio of solutions is supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors.
GAF continues to be the leader in quality and offers comprehensive warranty protection on its products and systems. Our success is driven by a commitment to empowering our people to deliver advanced quality and purposeful innovation and the desire to protect what matters most.