GAF Solution Architect - Manufacturing in Parsippany, New Jersey
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
GAF is seeking a Manufacturing Solution Architect to provide governance, guidance, architecture, and design across enterprise-wide systems. The Manufacturing Solution Architect (M-SA) will plan, design, and support the implementation of efficient and sustainable IT and business system solutions to support current and future manufacturing operations. This role will work with Manufacturing, IT, and QA to optimize manufacturing processes and systems to drive business process improvements, system automation, continuous improvement, and other duties associated with GAF Manufacturing production systems. The M-SA must have broad experience in areas such as providing design and configuration of computer system solutions in support of Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), integration to Enterprise Business Applications and Quality Systems. The M-SA will work closely with IT project managers and business stakeholders to implement architecture design, and partner with Manufacturing Operations in creating business value through new product introductions and process improvements while maintaining alignment with GAF architectural frameworks.
● Analyze requirements from a business and manufacturing systems perspective by interpreting business goals and objectives and translating them into technical solutions.
● Contribute to the design of MES architectural framework, including primary MES application and related applications and systems
● Understand integration between manufacturing applications and other enterprise systems (e.g. ERP, e-Commerce, and Middleware) to articulate and offer sustainable and scalable architectural solutions
● Knowledge of cloud platforms and cloud architecture, integration and design principles
● Understand business process improvement in enterprise applications.
● Understand and transform business requirements into scalable/manageable solution architecture and design specifications.
● Develop POC’s to evaluate new technologies and solutions.
● Knowledge of troubleshooting scalability issues
● Participate in the delivery of custom solutions that follow GAFs standard Agile process.
● Ensure the development team adheres to GAF design and development patterns and standards.
● Maintain and enhance integration solutions, including off-hours support of business-critical business solutions.
● Ensure proper response and resolution to issues and errors.
● Provide mentoring on advanced concepts and technical capabilities to developers.
● Minimum 7 years of experience with applications that support Manufacturing operations in a company with multiple factories
● Broad experience in areas such as providing design and configuration of computer system solutions in support of Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), integration to Enterprise Business Applications and Quality Systems.
● Deep understanding of product development and engineering as it relates to manufacturing and the supply chain processes
● Experience with the use of IoT related technologies, end-to-end and IoT protocols, local and backhaul connectivity technologies and industrial sensor technologies.
● Document architecture and standards for development tools, technologies, libraries, and frameworks and ensure they are consistently followed
● Drive the adoption and standardization of software architecture, development, and SDLC across global MES development teams
● Proactively identify and recommend technologies and standards to improve the effectiveness of MES development processes and/or to develop an architectural roadmap
● Identify improvement opportunities (e.g. architectural, performance, maintainability, security, scalability, reusability, etc.) and drive solution implementation
● Able to lead technology architecture definition and infrastructure design activities for any type of manufacturing solutions, IoT preferred.
● Experience with public cloud platforms, preferably Azure
● General knowledge of Agile and SDLC software development practices and technical documentation (requirements, functional specifications, test plans, etc.)
● Experience with implementation and/or support of MES Platforms
● Experience with one or more implementations of Maximo and Braincube
● Strong strategic business acumen and understanding of organizational strategy and ability to design IT systems to deliver that strategy
● Strong ability to develop solution architecture designs
● Strong ability to define multiple solution options to business problems
● Strong conceptual and analytical skills
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Advanced problem-solving skills
● Strong ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
● Strong ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
● Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or relevant experience.
● 10+ years of experience in manufacturing application architecture design and system integration
● 7+ years of industry experience providing technical solutions development for enterprise software. ● Ongoing learning in form of online or in-person training and/or certifications to demonstrate a willingness to continue learning and developing technical and functional skills
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – Protect what matters most.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all candidates and employees in this position. Proof of vaccination is required. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, GAF will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable state and federal law.
Text Constant We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, Hawk, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
With 130+ years in the industry, GAF is the leading roofing manufacturer in North America. As a member of the Standard Industries family of companies, we are also part of the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
Our communities help give our work meaning and the products we manufacture help protect what matters most. The shingles help to shelter the families living in the homes in our towns. The TPO helps protect what is under that hospital’s roof. In addition to quality products, we make sure they are installed by quality craftsmen and women. The full GAF portfolio of solutions is supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors.
GAF continues to be the leader in quality and offers comprehensive warranty protection on its products and systems. Our success is driven by a commitment to empowering our people to deliver advanced quality and purposeful innovation and the desire to protect what matters most.